Sauteed "Breaded" Mushrooms
This is a simple side dish that my family has been preparing since I was a wee-one. Traditionally served with steak, but I find this a wonderful side with chicken and rice, as I do not eat red meat. If you are a mushroom-lover, you will love this dish!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs fresh white mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2⁄3 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- In skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add sliced mushrooms and seasonings, except for bread crumbs.
- Saute mushrooms, stirring often, until mushrooms become tender, about 5 min.
- Add bread crumbs and coat mushrooms evenly; cook, stirring for 2-3 min.
- Serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I halved this recipe as only I eat mushrooms around here. This a fast and easy dish to prepare, and tastes fantastic! I added just a splash of white wine as the mushrooms were sauteeing and when I added the bread crumbs I cooked it longer than the recipe states as I wanted the crumbs very crispy. The extra time paid off! I couldn't finish it all at one sitting, so I reheated some the next day...and they were barely soggy at all! LOVE IT!!! I will be making this again for sure.