Sautéed Beef in Paprika Cream Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
A quick and easy Hungarian style main dish. Anything with paprika, onions, peppers, and cream bring to mind Hungarian cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 lbs sirloin
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 2 cups green bell peppers (or a combination) or 2 cups red bell peppers, sliced thin (or a combination)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cut beef into strips, about 1/2 inch X 2 inches long. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining butter in another skillet over high heat. Add beef strips and cook about 2 minutes, stirring and turning to cook evenly. remove meat and set aside. Add sautéed peppers. Add wine and cook 1 minute, stirring and scraping to incorporate any brown bits into the sauce. Add cream, bring to a boil, and cook over hight heat about 4 or 5 minutes.
- Return meat and any surrounding juices, stir, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION