Sausage Vegetable Pilaf
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Tasty and Economical.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup dried porcini mushrooms or 1/2 cup other dried mushroom, your choice (½ oz)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) packet seven whole grains and sesame pilaf mix (for breakfast, lunch or dinner) or (6 1/8 ounce) box rice pilaf mix
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian turkey sausage link, cut into ¾ inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut in eights
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Soak dried mushrooms in warm water is small bowl until softened about 15 minutes Prepare pilaf mix according to package directions.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in large nonstick skillet.
- Add sausages; sauté 8-10 minutes or until browned.
- Remove to paper towel to drain.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil.
- Add onion, rosemary and salt; sauté for 6 minutes until softened.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Drain dried mushrooms through fine mesh sieve lined with paper towel and reserve liquid.
- Rinse mushrooms and chop.
- Add dried and button mushrooms and carrots to skillet, sauté for 4 minutes until mushrooms are softened.
- Return sausage to skillet.
- Add reserved mushroom liquid.
- Bring to boil, cook about 5 minutes or until most of liquid is evaporated.
- Add cooked pilaf to skillet with parsley and pepper.
- Toss until well combined and heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION