Sausage & Tortellini Soup
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1 lb reduced-fat sausage
- 1 (32 ounce) box low-fat chicken broth or (32 ounce) box low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green pepper celery and onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup sliced button mushroom
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- In a large pot, brown the sausage over medium-high heat with minced garlic and minced onion.
- Pour in the chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to get up all the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, pepper, and mushrooms.
- Reduce heat to low/medium low and let simmer for at least 30 minutes, but the longer you let it cook, the better flavor it will have.
- Add the tortellini and let cook through, about 10 minutes (I use frozen tortellini so it takes longer, but would be shorter if you use fresh or refrigerated).
- Serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Illinois with my husband and we both love to try new things. He's definitely a better cook than I am, but I try to keep up. We have three dogs but no kids as of yet. Maybe in the next year or two we will start thinking about children but for now we are enjoying our time together. I love making up drinks and desserts and i'm not too bad at baking.