Sausage Stuffed Chicken Parmesan
photo by Vseward Chef-V
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 boneless boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shreddred mozzarella cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- Split chicken breasts and pound with a meat mallet between sheets of plastic wrap. Do not make too thin. to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Break up sausage and mix with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, chili powder and mustard, minced garlic and chopped onion. Shape sausage mixture into 4 link shapes.
- Add water and egg to make an egg wash.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Drizzle Olive Oil in an oven safe skillet.
- Brush one side of each breast with egg wash. Place 1 sausage link on egg glaze. Roll up and secure with toothpick.
- Roll each breast in flour; dip in remaining beaten egg; roll in breadcrumbs. Place in oven safe skillet. Bake 45 minutes.
- Very Important, remember where your toothpicks are. I place the chicken a certain way in the pan, so I know where they are to remove.
- Pour Marinara over chicken, Sprinkle with Cheese add oregano on top and cook another 10-12 minutes until cheese has melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Glad I was one of the ones who asked you to post this. As I always do, I tweak things...I used hot italian sausage, omitted the flour and used a shredded cheese blend .....FANTASTIC!!!!! Also, don't forget to pull out your toothpicks BEFORE adding the marinara. This is a crowd pleaser..thanks for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I don't think there's anything better than spending time with family and friends and enjoying delicious food together. I just love food. I love reading about food, writing about food, cooking food and.. not surprisingly, eating food. My latest passion is food-photography! I'm still learning a lot, but I'm trying to post photos with all my recipes and reviews. I read recipe books, magazines and food blogs like novels. I get such satisfaction when someone enjoys a meal or dessert that I have prepared. It is the biggest compliment to me when my family and friends rave about my cooking. There are so many terrific recipes on this site. If I'm looking for something, I'm sure to find it here. I do have stacks of my own favorite recipes which I am slowly but surely getting in my cookbooks here . I have had so many awesome reviews and fabulous photos taken of my recipes... I try to thank everyone personally .. I sincerely appreciate each and every review and or comment left. I know it takes time to photograph and upload photos - So I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart for finding and trying my recipes and taking the extra effort...