Sausage Stew (With Pepper, Onions and Potatoes)
This is a quick and easy meal that will treat your taste buds. A grandkid favorite in my house.
- Ready In:
- 6 links sweet sausage or 6 links hot sausage, sliced about 3/4
- 2 small green bell peppers, chopped coarse
- 1 large onion, sliced 1/2 thick
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed about a 1/2 inch
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons of grated romano cheese
- 1 cup water
- Heat olive oil to a medium high heat in Dutch oven or heavy pot. Add the sausage and cook on all sides. About 15 minutes.
- Add garlic and stir for a minute or two. Add peppers and onions, stirring to coat with oil. Add tomato paste, diced tomato, potatoes and tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add seasonings, cheese, and water. Stir once more. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Potatoes should be tender. Sprinkle liberally with Romano cheese. Serve with garlic bread and a salad. Makes 6 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more