photo by AmyZoe
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal or 1 1/2 lbs pork sausage
- 3⁄4 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 4 onions, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb boiling potato, peeled and cubed
- 16 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 10 ounces green beans
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crumbled
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat heavy 4 quart saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add sausages and cook until brown, turning occasionally.
- Transfer sausages to plate and cool slightly. Cut into 1" pieces.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoons of fat from saucepan.
- Add onions to saucepan and saute over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add bell peppers and garlic and continue cooking until bell peppers soften, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in wine and boil 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes, broth, and tomato paste.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, sausages, and herbs.
- Cover and cook 15 minutes.
- Add all cheeses and stir.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.