Sausage Pie (Easter Pie)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup ice water (added as needed to form crust)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Italian sausage (cooked and cooled)
- 1 lb basket cheese
- 9 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sausage pan dripping
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare crust as you would for any pie. Divide the pastry into 2 balls. Roll out one ball of pastry and put into a 9in pie plate. Set other ball of dough aside until filling is done.
- Cut the basket cheese into about 1/2in squares and put into a large mixing bowl with cooked and cooled sausage. Beat the 9 eggs, sausage grease and parmesan cheese until combined. Mix the egg mixture into the sausage and cheese mixture until well combined. Pour into the pie plate.
- Roll out other dough ball the was set aside and put it on top the sausgae egg mixture and close the edges with a fork.
- Bake at 350 for about an hour and the crust is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!