Sausage & Peppers- Slow Cooked
I made this for a wedding and got phenomenal feedback! Everyone absolutely loved it and so did I.. I am sure you will have great results when you make this for your family and friends. This recipe is cooked over night in a slow cooker and tastes great!
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 2 lbs sweet Italian sausage
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Boil water and add in the sausage. Cook for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, julienne, or slice the peppers and onions.
- In a crock pot, add 1/2 of the tomato sauce and the half of the veggies.
- When sausage is cooked somewhat, slice it and then add it to the crock pot along with the rest of the peppers and onions.
- Then add in the seasonings, salt and pepper and then the rest of the tomato sauce.
- Give it all a stir, mix so that it is all melded together.
- Slow cook for 3-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve on rolls and enjoy!