Sausage Pepper Muffins (Oamc)
This is my variation of Recipe #87629. I am one who likes lots of "stuff" in my breakfast muffins, but the above is a great base. You can halve or double the recipe easily.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups Bisquick
- 3 cups cornmeal
- 8 eggs
- 4 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 lbs sausage links, crumbled and cooked
- 5 cups shredded cheese
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 onions, chopped
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine Bisquick, cornmeal, eggs and milk.
- Add sausage and milk, mix well.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Grease muffin pans with cooking spray.
- Do not use liners as the muffins will stick.
- Fill muffin cups almost to the top.
- Bake regular sized muffins for 15-18 mins.
- Bake mini muffins 9-12 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made a half batch and wasn't too pleased with the outcome of these muffins. The main problem that I had with them is that I found that I could taste the cornmeal. If it wasn't for the cornmeal taste I think I would have given these a higher rating.<br/><br/>I doubt that I will try this recipe again.Reply
I need to start by saying that I made just 6 muffins which may have changed the overall outcome. Ok, that said, I had a LOT of goodies (peppers, sausage and cheese) in each muffin. I also cut the fat by using Recipe #55564 for the Bisquick, skim milk and veggie sausage. They taste great and would be a good accompaniment to breakfast, lunch or dinner. I think I'll add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes next time :D.Reply
see 3 more