Sausage Pepper and Potato Quiche
photo by The Miserable Gourm
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Remove casing from sausage and cook in a pan over medium heat until browned. Use a wooden spoon and crumble the sausage as it cooks. Drain on a paper towel to remove any fat.
- In same pan, gently saute peppers and onions about 5 min until soft. Salt and pepper to taste. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Again using same pan, heat olive oil and cook potato slices about 10 min to soften.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lay pie crust into pie pan and lay potato slices to cover bottom. Next add crumbled sausage, peppers and onions. Whisk together egg and milk and pour over top of mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until set and golden.
- Serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in New Jersey with an Italian mother, and Ukranian father. Needless to say I developed a love for a wide variety of foods! I love the Polish Ukranian influence my paternal side brought forth, as well as the traditional Italian cuisine from my mother's side of the family. For me, I have a passion for chocolate and desserts! I always use real butter, rich cream, sugar, and real vanilla, but I understand why we substitute them, and believe all of my recipes fare well with the substitutions, if you choose to do so. I only use salt in my potatoes, so don't expect to see too much of it in any of my recipes!Every recipe I publish has been time tested, and tasted, and raved about! So I guarantee, you'll be happy with every one you try! Thanks for visiting! I hope you come back again!