Sausage Mac N Cheese
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Total comfort food! This yummy dish is made by my grandmother at every family get together. You can use mild or spicy sausage, but I find that even though I love spicy foods, mild sausage works best in this recipe. I hope you like it!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sausage (I use breakfast sausage, like Jimmy Dean or Bob Evans)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 12 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup diced tomato, drained
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup green onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crumble and cook sausage in a medium skillet until browned.
- Combine milk, velveeta, and mustard in a medium saucepan; cook over low heat and stir until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in the cooked sausage, drained tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions and drain.
- Combine the cooked macaroni and the cheese mixture in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake 15-20 minutes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and bake uncovered for 5 mor minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION