Sausage Hash Brown Casserole
This is a favorite of ours now...easy and delicious. Not too hot not too mild...just right!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb mild pork sausage
- 1 lb hot pork sausage
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash browns
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 -3 spring onions, finely chopped (I added this to the recipe)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped chili peppers (also added by me)
- Cook sausages in large skillet over med-high heat -- stirring until crumbled and done. Drain well.
- Prepare hash browns according to pkg directions, using 1/tsp salt and pepper.*.
- Stir together hash browns, sausage, cheese, onions and chili peppers. Pour into lightly greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and remaining 1 tsp salt*. Pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes.
- This was taken from Southern Living Magazine to which I added the onions and peppers. I am not a sausage fan but did enjoy this. Hope you do too.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I made this the other morning for a group of friends...we had mismosas and bloody marry's with it and it was great! I added fresh onion, mushrooms and green peppers when browning the sausage. It added both nice flavor and color. Next time I will add a little heat with either a salsa or fresh jalepenos.