Sausage-Egg Breakfast Sandwich (Healthy)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is much healthier than something from McDonalds! Can easily be doubled. From Kirsten's Home Cooking blog.
- Ready In:
- 1 whole-grain English muffin, sliced and toasted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 slice reduced fat cheese (or use a naturally lower-fat cheese or cream cheese)
- 1 chicken (or soy, or sliced turkey breast, etc.) or 1 turkey sausage patty (or soy, or sliced turkey breast, etc.)
- hot sauce (optional)
- Toast English muffin.
- Salt and pepper the egg whites.
- Microwave the egg whites in a ramekin on high heat, covered, for approximately 1 minute - or slightly less or more depending on how you like your eggs.
- Heat or cook the sausage or meat.
- Layer the egg, cheese and meat within the muffin and serve, dipping in hot sauce as desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION