Sausage, Cream Cheese, and Hash Brown Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
There is a lot more than just sausage, cream cheese, and hash browns in this recipe. There is also ground beef and some veggies and potatoes. It should be a down home treat.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb sage sausage
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic (or more to taste)
- 2 -3 celery ribs
- 2 carrots
- 4 potatoes
- 1 lb frozen hash browns
- cheddar cheese, and Swiss shredded cheeses
- Saute sausage with celery and carrots.
- In a separate pan, saute ground beef with mushrooms, onions, and garlic.
- The point it to impart different flavors in the ground beef and sausage.
- Once the vegetables are tender and the meats are cooked, combine with softened cream cheese.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes into slices and blanch for 4-5 minutes, until just slightly soft.
- Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with the potato slices.
- Top with cream cheese/meat mixture.
- Repeat layers until all ingredients have been used.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the hash browns according to the bag on the skillet. You'll probably have to do two or more batches to do it all.
- Take the casserole out and top with hash browns and shredded cheeses.
- The hash browns will most likely be in a circle shape from your pan, so just break it up where need be to fit it on top of the casserole.
- Throw in the broiler for five minutes or until cheese has melted and hash browns have somewhat melded to the casserole.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION