MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This traditonal style Bourguignon is made with sausages.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 10 ounces shallots, peeled
- 8 sausages
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 ounces button mushrooms, wiped
- 1 1⁄4 cups beef stock
- 1 1⁄4 cups red wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 ounce thyme, leaves removed from the stem, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, blended in a little cold water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 slices white bread, cut into small triangles
- For the casserole; heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a flameproof casserole dish, add the shallots and sausages and cook for 8-10 minutes over a moderate heat, stirring occasionally until lightly golden.
- Add the bacon, 2 garlic cloves and mushrooms and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the stock, wine, mustard, most of the thyme, the blended cornstarch and season to taste. Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- For the croutons, heat the remaining oil in a frying pan, add the remaining crushed garlic and bread triangles and fry for 1-2 minutes each side, until crisp and golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Serve the bourguignon sprinkled with the remaining chopped thyme, and the croutons arranged around the edge.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION