Sausage and Roasted Vegetable Penne
- Ready In:
- 1 sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced in 1/2 lengthwise
- 1 red bell pepper, cheeks removed
- 1⁄2 lb button mushroom, stemmed
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 Italian sausages, thinly sliced, casings removed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 12 ounces whole grain penne, cooked according to package instructions
- 1⁄2 cup water, reserved from pasta
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, toss all the vegetables, except the tomatoes, with 1 1/2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange on a baking sheet and roast, until caramelized, about 30 minutes, turning vegetables halfway through the cooking time. In a small bowl, add the tomatoes and the remaining olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add to the baking sheet, at the halfway point of cooking, to caramelize.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, add the sausage and saute until cooked through. Turn up the heat and deglaze with white wine. Once the vegetables are cooked, cool slightly, then coarsely chop. Add the vegetables and any pan juices to the sausage in the skillet. Toss in the cooked penne, adding reserved pasta water, if needed, to moisten. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and serve in bowls topped with Parmesan.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm 48 years of age and just moved to the lovely state of South Carolina. We have 2 grown children, 3 glorious grandsons and a new granddaughter. I'm a SAHW, DH works for a Ford dealership. Love to cook, grow tomatoes & herbs, read and shop.</p>