Sausage and Potato Frittata
Quick and easy egg and vegetable that can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Chop sausage and cook in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat about 4-6 minutes.
- Transfer with slotted spoon to a bowl.
- Add frozen potatoes to drippings in the skillet; cook 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally until brown.
- Whisk eggs, water, salt and freshly ground pepper in a bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium; sprinkle sausage over potatoes.
- Pour eggs over sausage and cook for 5 minutes.
- Heat broiler.
- Cover skillet handle with foil.
- Broil frittata 5 inches from heat source 3 minutes until just cooked through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This made for a delicious breakfast. It took about an hour on my stove on medium high with a lid on the skillet, and the tip for covering the skillet handle with foil for the broiler worked great. I used milk rather than water, and next time I would double the italian sausage. Thanks Foxysnana!Reply