Sausage and Peppers
I serve this either on fresh hoagie rolls or over pasta noodles. We love it!
- Ready In:
- 6 Italian sausages
- 3 large green peppers, sliced into strips
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Boil sausage links in water for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- In large sautee pan in 2 tbsp oil on med low heat, sweat peppers and onions with salt, pepper, italian seasoning and worcestershire sauce until all veggies are soft (about 7-10 mins).
- Add minced garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add 1 Tbsp butter and stir through.
- Remove veggies from pan and set aside.
- In same sautee pan, on med heat add 2 tbsp oil and add sausage links.
- Turn sausages as needed to brown all sides. This doesn't take long.
- After sausages haved browned, pour pepper and onion mixture over top of the sausages and remove from heat.
- Cover pan and let sit 5 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for Spring, 2010 PAC. Really easy recipe. Liked the idea of "spicing up" the peppers and onions; however, when it came down to taste, I was somewhat disappointed. The Worcestershire sauce and Italian seasoning seemed to overshadow the time-honored, simple blending of peppers and onions more than I cared for. Thanks for sharing!Reply
see 3 more