Sausage and Leek Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I have been making this soup for years and I never get tired of it. It can easily be doubled to freeze for future meals.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups leeks, sliced (white part only)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, diced
- 3⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 lb kielbasa, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- black pepper
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Cook the leeks, carrots and celery until softened but not browned.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Blend in the chicken stock.
- Add the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the sausage, salt, marjoram and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION