SAUERKRAUT SPAETZLE WITH GERMAN SAUSAGES
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 3 cups spaetzle noodles
- 1 onion, chopped up
- 1 cup bacon, diced
- 2 cups sauerkraut
- juniper berries, bay leaves
- 1 dash white wine
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 bunch parsley
- 4 bratwursts
- Cook the Sauerkraut for about 15 minutes with some juniper berries, bay leaves and a dash of white wine. (Don‘t let it burn).
- Cook the Spaetzle al dente in boiling salt-water.
- Melt three tablespoons of butter in a large pan. Sauté the chopped up onion and about 1 cup of diced bacon. (Be careful with the amount, depending on the saltyness of the bacon).
- When the bacon is nice and crunchy, fry the Spaetzle in the same pan until they are just a bit golden.
- Add the cooked Sauerkraut and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Just before serving, throw in the chopped parsley for some fresh color.
- Fry up the sausages and place on top of the Spaetzle.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION