Sauerkraut- German, Simple & Mild
- Ready In:
- 2 cups sauerkraut, small can
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (optional)
- 1 potato, raw, large, peeled, and grated
- Use the small size ( #2 1/2) can of sauerkraut. Approximately 2 cups.
- Boil rapidly everything but the potato until most of the water is evaporated.
- Add potato, cover and simmer gently until potato is cooked.
- Makes 4 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Favorite cookbook? Mexican Kitchen - I am a huge Rick Bayless fan. Also like Bread Bakers Apprentice - Peter Reinhart <br />Retired, Love to cook. <br />Passions: Sourdough bread. <br />Pet Peeves: Not having an ingredient I need.</p>