- Ready In:
Ingredients for Marinade for Prawns
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine red chile
Ingredients for Sauce
Separately prepare the following sauce
- 1⁄4 lb butter (half of this if you like less butter)
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chile
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (can take from the 1/4 cup above)
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 dash of black and white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (depending on individual taste)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped
- Marinate the prawns in the ingredients listed under Prawns.
- Heat in a pot/pan ±1 Tblsp of olive oil and 1 Tblsp butter on medium heat and melt butter into blend in oil.
- Add prawns and simmer.
- Separately make Sauce by combining all the ingredients for the sauce in a heavy based pan/pot.
- when sauce is heated through and thick - sprinkle on chopped Cilantro leaves and remove from stove.
- Serve prawns either with sauce separately on the side or toss in prawns into sauce and serve up family style with rice / chips.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Johannesburg South Africa, I am a mother and grandmother...... and I have cooked biiiiiig pots and little ones too. I like to experiment and all too often forget what I have put in - makes it hard to duplicate when that happens!! I work in IT currently and have travelled the spectrum in IT jobs,(am qualified as a specialist but am am in the process of changing my career to alternative healing modalities - my most commonly used cookbook is the South African Indian Delights, I have 4 volumes (each one is updated and added to) My passions.... outdoor life, wildlife, reading,healing My pet peeves - lazy people who do not move!