photo by Lady Lisette
- Ready In:
1 9x13 pan
- 8 frozen burritos
- 1 (15 ounce) can carrots, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon southwest seasoning (I use Arizona Dreaming from Penzey's)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar (taste for seasoning) (optional)
- Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Arrange frozen burritos in a single layer. Bake according to conventional cooking instructions on package minus 10 minutes. I used El Monterey family pack of 8 frozen burritos and cooked uncovered for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Place olive oil in large frying pan. Cook onions and peppers with southwest and Italian seasonings till soft and starting to brown on medium heat. About 10 minutes.
- Puree drained carrots in blender with tomato sauce until smooth.
- Add contents of blender to veggies in frying pan. Add garlic and can of diced tomatoes. Stir and taste for seasonings. Might need a pinch of sugar if it is too tart?.
- When time is up on the burritos spread saucy veggies on top of burritos. Place back in oven for remainder of cooking time on your package. (Mine was 10 more minutes, uncovered for a total of 40 minutes at 375.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to experiment in the kitchen and then inflict the results on my friends. Hasn't discouraged anyone yet. For fun I am a member of an organization that studies the middle ages, and in my case that means more cooking! Everything from anicent Roman feasts to Elizabethan candies and everything in between.</p>