- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
1 meal for a fat detective
- Chop up some onions and a clove of garlic, and brown them lightly in a generous amount of goose fat.
- Pour in enough brandy to cover the onions, and twice as much good red wine as brandy, and as much strong beef broth as wine.
- Add a pinch of thyme and one of rosemary, the slightest dusting of ginger and nutmeg, and a mere threat of cloves.
- Let simmer gently for 10 minutes, and add enough sifted bread crumbs to make a soft, runny mush.
- Cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped boiled bacon, coarsely chopped roast fresh pork, twice as much coarsely cut up roast goose as pork, and as much coarsely cut up roast pheasant as goose.
- Season with salt and a generous quantity of freshly ground black pepper, add a few roasted pistachio nuts, and let simmer to the consistency of fresh sausage meat.
- Chill until extremely cold.
- Wash and scald the pigs' intestines thoroughly.
- Fill with the cold stuffing, tying at intervals to form sausages.
- Broil on a slow fire, having pricked the skins to prevent bursting.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!