- Toast Peanuts till golden brown. careful not to burn. Blend untill you get a mix of small chunks of peanuts and some fine peanut powder.
- grill or toast shrimp paste (belacan) then blend with steamed dried chillies,
- mix coconut milk with 4 cups water.
- mix tamarind with 1 cup water . strain.
- scrape gula melaka into pan. add sugar, belacan and blended chilly paste, tamarind juice and half peanuts,
- cook over moderate heat stirring constantly for 4 min, stir in coconut milk and bring to boil and simmer stirring for 3 minutes.