Sassy Vegan Rice Bowl
photo by Steven B.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 kohlrabi (stem only)
- 3 medium carrots (washed, unpeeled)
- 2 garlic cloves (sliced thinly)
- 3 mushrooms
- 2 cups short grain brown rice (cooked)
- 3 tablespoons light cooking oil (canola or peanut)
- 1⁄4 cup shoyu or 1/4 cup tamari
- 1 tablespoon chili paste (preferably sriracha)
- Blend together the Shoyu and chili paste. We'll add it to the mix shortly.
- Heat up the oil in a cast iron pan over medium flame.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic. Stir occasionally so it doesn't burn.
- When the garlic is looking nice and translucent, add the kohlrabi and carrots. Mix them up good to make sure they get coated with oil.
- When the kohlrabi and carrots are heated up (careful not to overcook, we want them to stay crunchy), pour in the Shoyu hot sauce. This stuff will be salty, so go slow at first. You can always add more if you need to. Stir it all up.
- When the Shoyu sauce has reduced down, add the brown rice and mix everything together right there in the pan, making sure it's all distributed nicely and coated with sauce.
- Only thing left to do now is eat it -- and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!