Sassy Chicken Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes, diced, drained (actually "tomatoes & mild green chilies," drained)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 large chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted, chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, mayonnaise, and honey.
- Stir in chicken, celery, grapes, and pecans.
- Cover and chill before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yum! We really enjoyed this very tasty chicken salad. I was intrigued by the addition of the tomato and green chilies and was pleasantly surprised by the subtle but spicy twist it gave to this chicken salad. I used Rotel original tomatoes and chilies and Flame seedless red grapes. I had some leftover rotisserie chicken breast meat, so I used about 1-1/2 cups of that in place of the chicken breast. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!<br/>*Made for Zaar Stars tag game*
This was an amazing twist on the normal chicken salad. I used rotel tomatoes and the original spicy flavor because I had them on hand. I used red seedless grapes and pecans that I microwaved to get that toasty flavor. I really enjoyed this even with the tomatoes in there (generally don't care for them) because they were so small they were not overpowering. I especially liked the sweet/spicy/tart flavor combo. I will definitely make this again! Thanks for posting Syd! Oh and I ate this on a whole wheat bagel which was PERFECT! [Made for PRMR tag March 2010]