Sarasota's Fresh Tomato and Olive Relish
A simple fresh tomato relish. Serve this over fresh fish, chicken, or lamb. Just a few minutes to put together, let it set at room temp for 5-10 minutes and it is ready to enjoy.
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 plum tomatoes, lightly seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2⁄3 cup green olives with pimiento, sliced
- 1 large shallot, fine diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil, fine diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Relish -- Just mix everything together in a small bowl. Let set at room temp for 5-10 minutes and serve. It is that easy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
You just can't go wrong with tomatoes, olives and capers. This was really great!! I just don't like the taste of tomatoes here except for the Campari ones...so that is what I used. I just cut this recipe in half because we were only two. Boy, was this quick to put together and "fresh" basil is a definite must, it adds such a fantastic flavor. I had it as a side to go with a Cuban sandwich Recipe # 165220... Went together wonderful....thanks for sharing Sarasota...we loved it....