Sara Moulton's Crunchy Pecan-Apple Pie
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 2 golden delicious apples, peeled, cut into thin slices
- 4 cups post selects great grains raisins, Dates, Pecans Whole Grain Cereal, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, thawed (9-inch)
- Preheat oven to 350°F Melt 1 tablespoons of he butter in lasrge skillet on medium heat. Add apples; toss to coat. Cover with lid; cook 6-8 minutes, or until apples ore tender, stirring frequently. Add 2 cusp of hte cereal, the sugar, and sinnamon; mix lightly.
- Spoon into pie crust; level top with back of spoon. Cover with remaining 2 cups remaining cereal. Melt remaininig 2 tablespoons butter; drizzle over cereal.
- Bake 45 minutes or until crust and top of pie are lightly browned, covering loosely with foil after 30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.