These colorful cookies have a light taste - for those who want a cookie not-so-rich! And they look pretty too--the chopped cherries add red and green and the coconut is slightly toasted after baking.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped candied cherry (red or green or combination of both)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour, mixing well.
- Stir in nuts.
- Form into 2 logs, approx 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Roll in coconut until each log is well coated.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper.
- Chill an hour or longer.
- Cut 1/4-inch slices and bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What an interesting looking cookie! These buttery, crunchy, chewy gems are little round disks speckled with green and red cherries with toasted coconut on the outside. They are like no other cookie I've had before, and make for a lovely presentation on your Christmas cookie tray. I doubled the amount of chopped candied cherries using 1/4 cup of red and 1/4 cup of green cherries (I'm going to try 3/4 cup of candied cherries next time). The serving size is on target at 48 cookies (or 4 dozen). Forgot to mention these were a big hit at my daughter's school and husband's work! Thanks for posting your recipe!