- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat Crisco and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add combined oats, flour and salt; mix well.
- Form 1 inch balls; roll in nuts.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press centers with thumb; fill with preserves.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove to wire rack; cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a hoot! My friend and I , in doing our holiday baking, found this in an old book and tried it. We got silly and misread the recipe so mixed the nuts into the dough. We both like coconut so added a small handful to the mix. We then used pineapple jam in the dent. They are easier if popped into the fridge for about half an hour, but not really necessary. Absolutely fabulous....... These gems will decorate the plates and delight the palates of both our homes and workplaces this Christmas. Try them, with or without our changes and you will be pleased.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I made this account back in 2001, when the site was called "Recipezaar". A lot has changed in my life since then. My kids are all grown and I try to eat a low-carb lifestyle now. Some of my older recipes were handed down from my grandmother. I hope you all enjoy them as much as I have. Current recipes that I post will mostly be low carb or keto.