Santa Fe Frito Pie
In Sante Fe, there is this wonderful little place near the plaza that serves Frito pies with a twist. This is my husband's and my version of it.
- Ready In:
- Frito corn chip, 1 bag
- black beans, 1 can
- 1⁄2 chopped white onion
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) can green chilies
- Scoop handful Fritos into bowl.
- Heat black beans and green chile separately.
- Top Fritoes with black beans, then green chile, and then Jack cheese.
- Top with tomatoes, onions, jalepenos.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made this frito pie for lunch today - I had forgotten how much I like it. I did "Texanize" it a bit however by adding chili, and some corn to accompany the black beans. I added the green chilies, but I also added some pickled jalapenos to top it off. I will definitely make this dish again as it is so tasty and easy to put together. Made for Fall PAC, 2012.Reply