Santa Fe Corn Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped jalapenos
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped roasted green chilies
- 1 cup buttery salted crackers like Ritz cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a 2-qt. baking dish.
- Put 1 3/4 cups corn kernels, cilantro and jalapeno in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture is pur'eed but still a bit chuncky, about 5 pulses. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half and salt. Add whole and pur'eed corn kernels, green chiles, 1/4 cup crushed crackers, and 3 tablespoons melted butter. Stir to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish and scatter cheese on top.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining 3/4 cup cracker crumbs and 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle over cheese.
- Bake pudding 45-50 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown. The edges should be a bit crusty and centet just a little jiggly. Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!