Santa Fe Chocolate Wafers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 lb butter (1 stick)
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate (I prefer 80% chocolate) or 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate (I prefer 80% chocolate)
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 extra large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cut butter into ½-inch slices, and add to medium saucepan over low heat.
- Add the chocolate, sugar, and corn syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes; add vanilla extract and egg, stirring until smooth.
- Gently add in flour mixture, until once again smooth.
- You can go ahead and bake them off right here, but I prefer to refrigerate the mixture for 20 or so minutes; the cookies will hold their shapes better.
- Drop a rounded teaspoonful of batter onto a silpat or parchment paper-covered baking sheet, pressing down slightly to flatten.
- The cookies puff up as they bake, and will be finished when they have flattened, about 10-15 minutes.
- I like to under bake these just a bit, but be careful about over baking--the chocolate will taste burnt.
- Let the cookies sit for a minute on the sheets before removing to a cooling tray.
- Store airtight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation