Sandys Gourmet Mushroom Soup
This was given to me by one of my husbands gym buddies, I did make it and it was indeed very good, although I'm not a great lover of mushrooms. I don't know if it was her own recipe or if she found it somewhere, but here it is, I thought it was worth sharing! She specified brown mushrooms, I used button mushrooms.
- Ready In:
- 25 ml olive oil
- 15 ml butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 50 ml flour
- 300 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 750 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 250 ml milk
- 15 ml soy sauce
- 1 pinch sugar
- 25 ml sherry wine
- salt and pepper
- 50 ml cream, whipped
- Heat oil and butter in large pan. Add onion and leeks and allow to soften without browning.
- Add rosemary and half the mushrooms. fry gently until soft, then remove the rosemary and stir in the flour.
- When well mixed, add vegetable stock slowly, stirring constantly. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then puree in blender until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, add remaining mushrooms, milk, soy sauce and sugar.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sherry.
- Serve with a swirl of whipped cream.
- A garnish of fried onions is also very good.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Soooo glad I made this delicious mushroom soup and it is definitely gourmet in flavor. : ) Followed directions as written and added the cream -- just didn't whip it. Used my immersion blender to blend the first half of the mushrooms and it worked perfectly. This will be a regular at my house from now on. So easy to make and soooo much flavor. : )Reply
Wow, what a great recipe Karen. My dh was over the moon. Mushroom soup is his favorite and he loved this one. He didn't even notice the subtle sherry flavor, which was a great. I enjoyed the flavor that the rosemary, nutmeg and sherry brought to the soup, they blended beautifully with the mushrooms and onions. A lovely hearty soup, that I highly recommend. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Beverage Anyone? Tag Game 2015.Reply