Sandy's Broccoli Cheese Noodle Soup
This recipe was entered into our 2009 Corporate Soup Cook-off and received a runner-up award. Simply comfort food! (Courtesy of Sandy Kline)
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups water
- 6 chicken bouillon cubes
- 10 ounces angel hair pasta (break up in pieces)
- 2 (10 ounce) broccoli, pkg frozen chopped
- 6 cups milk
- 32 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut up
- Saute onion in butter, add water and bouillon cubes and bring to a boil. Add noodles and cook until almost done.
- Add frozen broccoli and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Add milk and cheese, keep stirring until cheese has melted, and heat to serving temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Tasty soup for a snow day. I modified and put in fresh broccoli (5 cups), 20 oz of velveeta, and used skim to lower fat content and lighten the consistency a bit. Yummy! Also tasty with a sprinkle of bacon bits on top. Allowed it to boil with the cheese and milk by mistake which made it a little bit clotty, but before that was very smooth consistency.Reply
see 1 more