The Sandshaker was a legend on Pensacola Beach, and it's signature drink started a festival there on the island. The government closed the bar and auctioned it off, but the drink remains a legend, and the festival lives on...complete with live music from vintage bands. I got this recipe from the bartender at the Sandshaker after they closed for a while following a little "disturbance". They have now opened back up and are as successful as ever.. Yum!!
- Ready In:
- 4 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 1 ounce rum (black)
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao, white
- 1 ounce Creme de Cacao, black
- 4 ounces half-and-half
- 4 ounces vanilla ice cream
- 2 ounces rum, 151
- Pour all ingredients except the 151 Rum into a blender. Add two cups of ice, and blend until mixed.
- Top each glass with 1 oz 151.