photo by *Parsley*
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces potatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄8 - 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, depending on your preference
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 pints vegetable stock
- 4 ounces frozen green peas
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan and add the potatoes, garlic and onion.
- Saute over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cayenne pepper, cumin, garam masala and cilantro. Stir well.
- Add the vegetable stock and bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add peas and continue to cook the soup for another 5 minutes.
- Ladle into four individual serving bowls and spoon a tablespoon of yogurt on top of each. Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 3 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><strong><em>Thank you to everyone who has tried my recipes!</em></strong> I appreciate your feedback and the fact that you took the time to post a review.</p> <p> </p> <p>I am a vegetarian (pescetarian) who occasionally indulges in sushi and seafood, so the majority of my recipes reflect my preferences. I always try to offer substitutions in my recipes that can be made for my carnivorous friends. <br /> <br />I believe that vegetarians can make just about ANY meat dish under the sun by making smart substitutions of vegetarian mock meats, tofu, or vegetables. If a dish calls for meat or poultry, I NEVER let that stop me. I can make just about ANYTHING vegetarian...and taste just as good, if not BETTER, than the real thing. <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /></p>