Samoan Chicken Kale Moa
photo by Random Rachel
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch piece ginger, minced and pounded
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 medium potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 1 large carrot, chopped into large pieces
- 1 stick celery, chopped into large pieces
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 6 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- Heat your oil in a large pot, then fry the onion until partly translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger and curry powder and fry for about a minute for the spices and aromatics to release their flavor.
- Add chicken, 2 cups of water and 2 cups of coconut milk. Bring to a boil then lower to a simmer and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes or until very soft.
- Add vegetables and bring to a boil again. Turn down heat and cover again. Simmer for 20 minutes or until soft.
- Mix the 6 Tb flour with the 6 Tb water until it's smooth (and an extra tablespoon or so of curry if you like). Then add this slurry straight into the pot. Turn the heat up to medium and stir until thickened.
- Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.