Salted Caramel Spritz
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From a magazine, my sister made these and they are very good!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup kraft soft caramel, unwrapped (18 caramels)
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- For the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the caramels and half-and-half in a small saucepan. Cook over medium low heat, stirring occasionally, until the caramels are melted, about 8 minutes. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and salt, and then the cooled but still fluid caramel mixture.
- On low speed, mix in the flour.
- Use a spritz cookie press to press the cookies out onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes, until set and just beginning to brown around the bottom.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool and repeat with remaining dough.
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar and half-and-half. Heat over medium low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place wire rack with cookies over a baking sheet. Drizzle the cookies with the glaze and sprinkle with salt. Let cookies dry until glaze is set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION