photo by hannahamil
- Ready In:
- 5 dried arbol chiles
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Cut tomatoes into fourths. Place in small saucepan with just enough water to cover the tomatoes.
- Add salt and bring to boil. Simmer tomatoes for about 20 minutes.
- Wash chile de arbol with cold water. Pat dry and remove stems.
- Toast the chile de arbol in a toaster oven on aluminum foil. Watch closely, as chile can burn quickly. Toast until dark brown. If you don't have a toaster oven, toast in a dry pan, turning chile often so it doesn't burn.
- Place toasted chile in the blender and blend until it is finely powdered. Place a paper towel under the lid of the blender to keep powder from escaping.
- Add tomatoes and 1/4 cup of the liquid to the chile in blender and puree until smooth.
- Chop onion and cilantro. Combine all ingredients.
- Simple and delicious. Enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow food lovers....I am delighted to find this wonderful site where we can exchange recipes and our love of cooking. I am looking forward to trying out the plethora of interesting and varied recipes. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge.