Salmon Whole Standing
photo by Ambervim
- Ready In:
9 Lb Salmon
- Ask your fish monger to not only gut it but also scale it and cut off the fins. Leave the tail in tact for presentation.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Stuff the cavity with the celery tops, green onions, lemon slices and ginger.
- Now, to make it stand up, wad a piece of tin foil as long as the opening and stuff it in the bottom.
- Stand your salmon up on a piece of heavy tin foil longer that it is. If your tin foil is very wide, put another piece over top and seal after adding a few splashes of wine. If your foil is narrow, attach a piece to each side and the seal up the center. Don't wrap the tin foil in a manner that is comes in contact with the fish skin if you intend to serve it with the skin on.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes for a 9 lb salmon. Adjust a bit for size. You can peak in the top and insert a fork to test for doneness.
- Open and transfer to a large cutting board or platter for serving.
- My preference is to take all the skin off, except the head and tail. It will come off easily. Garnish at will.
- Serve with Recipe #253235 and/or sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!