Salmon & Shrimp Confetti Croquettes
photo by L. Duch
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Steam salmon filet. Chill and flake apart.
- Peel, devein shrimp. Slice them in half length wise, the cut into third to make nice little chunks.
- Finely chop bell pepper and scallion.
- Mix these and remaining ingredients together (use only 1/2 cup cracker crumbs. Setting aside the remaining crumbs to roll croquettes in).
- Form into desired sized croquettes.
- Roll and cover with cracker crumbs (I used crushed club crackers).
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 400°F for approx 45 min, depending on how big they are.
- Note: This being the first time I ever made Salmon Croquettes and although this turned really good, I think using corn flakes for the coating would be good too. I served Papergoddess's Cilantro Mayonnaise with.
- Also. The prep time is an estimate. It includes the cooking time for the salmon fillets and shrimp along with putting it all together. You can save time by using canned salmon and pre-cooked shrimp. Fresh is always best though.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 41y/o wife and mother of 2. I've been a nurse for 20 years. We live in a small town in Arkansas. My passion is cooking. I love to cook anything and everything. Luckily my family is adventerous in their eating habits, so I have lots of fun trying new things out on them. I also like camping, traveling, gardening,water sports and collecting recipes. I like getting to know other people from other parts of the world. We have 5 pets, 2 dogs and 3 ferrets. My worst pet peeve is when people stick their nose up at a dish before trying it, because they know a certain ingredient is in it. I know everyone has different tastes, but picky eaters just don't know what they are missing when they turn down a dish they havent even tried.