Salmon & Roasted Vegetable Salad
- Ready In:
- 3 beets
- 2 turnips
- 2 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (minced up anchovy)
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 (7 ounce) canned salmon, drained and flaked
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Peel and cut vegetables into 1/2" cubes.
- Toss root vegetables in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spread in a single layer on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes. Stir and continue roasting until soft and golden brown in spots, 13 to 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, whisk the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, anchovy and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon each pepper and salt in a large bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the dressing in small bowl. Add the salad greens to the large bowl and toss to combine; divide among 4 dinner plates.
- When the vegetables are done, transfer them to the large bowl and gently combine with the reserved dressing, salmon and scallions. Top the greens with the salmon and vegetables.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!