Salmon Quesadillas - Simple and Sooo Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces canned salmon, boneless skinless (if using regular canned just drain. flake and remove bones ) or 6 ounces cooked salmon (leftovers work great here )
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 flour tortillas (about 6 inches in size) or 4 corn tortillas, whatever you prefer
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack pepper cheese or 1 1/2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and saute garlic for about 1 minute or until tender but not brown. Stir in salmon, basil and pepper. Cook over medium heat just until warm. (For one less pan to wash I sometimes do this in my microwave in a small glass bowl and it comes out great. Microwaves vary- mine only takes a minute).
- Meanwhile assemble quesadillas: 1 tortilla, a quarter of the cheese, and a quarter of the salmon mixture, fold in half spray pan with cooking spray and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Spray top of quesadilla and flip. Continue to cook 1 or 2 more minutes or until golden brown. Can also be sprayed and baked all at once on a baking sheet in a 350 degree oven until browned and cheese has melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Guacamole and sour cream make nice garnishes but these are great as is.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation