Salmon Pie With Egg Sauce
photo by Chouny
- Ready In:
- Melt olive oil, saute the onions until tender.
- Peel potatoes and cook in salted water until tender, mash them up.
- Flake salmon with liquids, incorporate with the mashed potatoes and cooked onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place first pie shell in bottom of pie plate.
- Put potatoe salmon mixture.
- Place second pie shell on top, make incisions on top for steam.
- Beat egg, brush egg mixture all over pie. This will create a nice golden crust.
- Cook at 400o for 30 minutes.
- Boil eggs in water for approximately 10 minutes. Remove shells, cut eggs in thin slices, put aside.
- Heat 2 cups of milk, reserve.
- In a heavy based saucepan, melt butter, whisk in flour and cook, stirring until the flour is foaming but not browned, about 1 minute.
- Off heat, add warm milk, whisk well, then bring to a boil, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper and nutmeg.
- Gentlly add sliced eggs, simmer slowly for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice salmon pie and serve with a generous amount of egg sauce on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
As a family we like the adventure to try something new, sometimes we like it and sometimes we do not. We all loved the egg sauce very similar to what I put over cauliflower without the eggs. The Pie well we all thought it was missing somethingâ€¦ my husband said he didnâ€™t care for it at all, yet my son said he liked it but thought it needed peas. We probably wouldnâ€™t make this again, just personal taste.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I really enjoy cooking and discovering recipes and original flavours in foods. Apart from a few classics, I take great pleasure searching for new ideas and recipes on the net. Having been part of the health food industry for many years, my recipes tend to reflect that healthy feel. Hope you enjoy the few recipes I’ve posted yet! <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">