Salmon Patties With Mushroom Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can pink salmon, drained
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper
- 1 dash lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, whole
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup chablis (or other dry white wine)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Saute green onions and celery in 1 tbsp butter in a skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Set aside.
- Remove and discard skin and bones from salmon, if desired. (I usually remove the skin, but crush up the bones to retain the calcium). Combine salmon, reserved green onion mixture, egg, and next 5 ingredients. Shape mixture into 4 patties. (Mixture will be very sticky). Dredge in flour. Cook in 1/4 cup melted butter in a skillet over medium heat 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Serve patties with the warm mushroom sauce.
- Saute mushrooms in butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until almost tender. Add the minced garlic, and cook 1 minute longer. Remove mushrooms and garlic from the saucepan, reserving drippings in the pan. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add 1 tbsp flour to the drippings, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add half-and-half, wine, soy sauce, and lemon-pepper seasoning; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Return mushrooms to pany; cook until heated.
Join The Conversation
I used baby portabella mushrooms which I sliced for the sauce which was wonderful (will definitely be using that again) and did have to omit the celery for dietary reasons but I ended up with a very sloppy mix which was impossible to form into patties so added an extra 200 grams of red salmon and the mix was just right and formed 6 100 gram patties which worked out well for the 4 of us with the DH and DS getting 2 each and 1 was plenty for the DM and I. These are very delicate patties and I really enjoyed them as they were but the DH thought they could have done with some mashed potato in them and have been crumbed but it was these very aspects being missing from the recipe which attracted me to it and wanting the make it. Thank you for a lovely dinner breezermom, made for Went to Market tag game.
This recipe makes some of the best salmon patties that I've ever tasted. I skipped the soy sauce in the sauce and used a sprinkle of Half Salt instead that and using sliced mushrooms (I buy them fresh but sliced) were my only changes. One of these patties is really filling. I tried to use the fat as little as possible but I still ended up using more than I would have so I'm looking at this as a special treat and will be extra low fat for the next couple of days. It was worth it! *wink*