Crunchy and spicy.
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can salmon, deboned
- 1 cup fat free cracker crumb
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip or 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sauteed
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- Mix all ingredients except the cornmeal and shape into patties.
- Dredge or coat patties in the cornmeal and fry in a hot skillet with Crisco or lard.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve with tarter sauce or we like them with salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was looking for a different way to season salmon, and across this recipe and decided to try it. After reading through the recipe, I thought that 1 cup of cracker crumbs would be too much so, they were cut back to 1/2 cup. The amount of Old Bay Seasoning was upped to 1 1/2 teaspoons, the amounts of mayo and salt remained the same. After frying and tasting, both my SO and I decided that the cornmeal coating just wan not to our liking. So the next time I'm just going to leave it off. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"Reply