Salmon Lasagna With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
- 1 ounces salmon (fresh or frozen cooked and broken up) or (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon (drained and crumbled)
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1⁄3 cup pesto sauce
- 9 lasagna noodles, dried
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- For Roasted Red Peppers: Cut the red peppers in half, remove the seeds, stem and membranes.
- Place cut size down on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated 425 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet.
- Place (when still hot) red peppers into paper bag and seal tightly.
- Let peppers steam in bag for 30 minutes.
- Remove skins from pepper and cut peppers into strips.
- Leave oven on but turn down to 375 degrees.
- Cook dried lasagna noodles according to package direction.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Drain again.
- For the Roasted Red Pepper Sauce: Process or blend red peppers till nearly smooth.
- Add sour cream, flour, salt& pepper.
- Process or blend till combined and set aside.
- For Cheese& Pesto Sauce: In medium bowl mix beaten egg, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, pesto and cooked salmon.
- To Assemble Lasagna: Lightly grease a 2 quart rectangular dish (I found that an 11 x 7 dish worked great too).
- Place 3 cooked lasagna noodles in bottom of baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of cheese/pesto mixture over noodles.
- Repeat layers twice.
- Spread roasted red pepper sauce over top layer.
- Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let stand at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!